Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Here I Go...

Alright, since I had Hunter I have been wanting to lose the weight and then some....My goal is to be about 15 pounds thinner than when I got married. Well I have been eating really healthy, and working out about 4 times a week.I have been seeing results, but I want to take it up a notch and decided to maybe run in a race. I started looking at different blogs and was really inspired by this blog. The woman that writes this blog lost about 46 pounds and she started with this program that I am now going to follow! I have read the program and I don't think it sounds to hard, its just going to take commitment! I have registered for my first race, a 5k in Pocatello, its on May 15th thats the day before Landon and I go to Vegas, so hopefully that will help me be in shape by then! By the end of the summer I want to be able to do a 10k and Landon wants me to train to do a triathlon in Bear Lake(we will see!) So I will let all of you know how my training is going. I know I am not starting out big but I have to start somewhere, I would really love to be able to get myself to run a half marathon, but for right now I am taking baby steps but I am really excited! And to top everything off I asked my mom if she wanted to train and run the 5k with me and she is going to! So wish me luck...I am really excited for the next nine weeks of training and the race! If any of you runners out there have any tips let me know...from what to eat while you train, to good music to listen to that would be great!

6 comments:

Katelyn T said...

i usually eat pizza before i run. not for energy, but just cause i like it..

AshleyS said...

awesome tessa! marathonrookie.com has been my favorite place for inspiration since i started running. i'm excited to hear how it goes, training for and running races is probably one of my favorite things. you will love it and once you get past those first couple of miles, it starts to feel so good. right now i'm loving running to miley cyrus "party in the usa." i know, i'm a teenager at heart :-)

Anonymous said...

tessa, i hate saying i told you so. So i will say it without using those exact words. Remember last week when you were like "oh im just not good at it i don't think i will ever be a runner." and i was like "yes you can, its easy you just have to start small" and you changed the subject. Remember that?
p.s. i am excited, maybe we can run a race together? maybe katelyn will come?

Jenny Ricks said...

Yeah! You can do it! I got into running after I had Jackson and it has been a really good thing for me. You're smart to just work your way up. I used the runner's world.com half-marathon training schedule and it was awesome. I think they have 5K and 10K schedules also in case you are interested. My advice would be to make sure you run outdoors also (not just on a treadmill). Good luck, you'll do great!

M. Jorgensen said...

tessa, that is awesome!!! i would love to love to run...but i hate it and i get massive shine splints, so that doesn't work real well....but GOOOOD LUCK!!! that really is awesome!

Hannah said...

I've been wanting to follow that plan as well. I signed up for a 5k to get motivated. Good luck to you!