Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hunter Landon Taylor

Well I thought that I would hurry and share the story of how our little boy got here! Landon and I went into the doctor on the 23rd of September and my doctor gave me the go ahead to be induced on the 27th which actually is Landon's birthday! We were so excited! He told us to come into the hospital at 5:30 that night. So on Sunday Landon and I went to church and then came home and made last minute preparations. We cleaned the house and got packed to go to the hospital, I thought that the day would drag on forever but it actually went pretty fast! So around 5:30 we headed to the hospital, the night was pretty uneventful, they were just trying to get me to start labor slow so they gave me some pills, I had some small contractions but nothing to major. That next morning, they were making me change position a lot while I was laying down because they didn't like what Hunter's heart beat was doing. My doctor finally came in and broke my water to see if we could get his heart rate a little more normal, when he did this my contractions completely stopped and Hunter's heart rate got more irregular. I wasn't that worried until my doctor looked at me and said we have to have an emergency C-section and I think that we need to hurry so we have to but you under GA and Landon can't come in. I was so sad when I heard this. So the next thing that I knew there we like 10 people in my room asking me questions and getting me ready to go into surgery. Everything was happening so fast that I didn't even have time to be scared or nervous. Luckily right before they took me in Hunter's heart rate perked right up and Landon was able to suit up and come in to see the birth. I went in they gave me a spinal block, and everything went perfect. Hunter was born at 9:13am on September 28th 2009. My recovery has been going great, I was really tired after everything so every picture of me I look exhausted. But I am so glad that Hunter is here. I am loving being a mom! Speaking on mom's I was so lucky to have my mom stay with us after we got home from the hospital for like 5 days, it was so fun to have her around I didn't want her to go home! But now we are getting into a schedule, Hunter is such a good baby and sleeps most of the time! We got his newborn pictures done yesterday (I will post those when I get them back!) and he was such a good boy, even though he peed twice! (Once all over Landon!) But Landon and I are loving being parents we can't get enough of our little guy!













3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Tessa he is so cute. I am glad everything turned out ok. Have fun being a mom.

Anonymous said...

Happy one week birthday.. yesterday! so cute! i am so glad i got to come see you guys too!

Jenny Ricks said...

What a little stud! Congrats you guys!